Your phone system is one of the things in your business that you rarely give much attention to, as long as it is working normally. However, there comes a time when you need to change your phone system from the traditional system to VoIP.
The problem is that you may need a little bit of cajoling for you to realise that you need to make this bold move. However, certain signs should help you make the decision to move to VoIP. In any case, you should watch out for these signals and and change your phone system whenever you spot them.
- You find it difficult to scale your current phone system. One of the main problems associated with the legacy phone system is scaling. More often than not, you will find it difficult to scale your phone system to match the speed at which your organisation is growing. In many cases, difficulty in scaling your traditional phone system is a result of the fixed number of lines and ports that the traditional PBX has. Therefore, for you to scale your system, you may have to reconfigure your system and purchase new hardware equipment for the purpose.A hosted PBX can help you solve the problems of scaling your phone system. When you use a hosted PBX service, the company hosting your business VoIP provides the necessary tools you need to add new individuals to your business telephone system in an instant. Therefore, if you have to purchase new hardware equipment to accommodate an additional employee to your business phone system, then know that it is time to upgrade your phone system to VoIP.
- Rising costs. The costs of installing and maintaining your phone system should guide your choices. In general, it costs a lot of money to install the traditional PBX for your business. The high costs are associated with buying and installing new hardware equipment. However, once you have successfully installed the hardware, you will realise that the maintenance costs for your system fall considerably.Similarly, it costs a tidy sum of money to acquire a business VoIP telephony system. The high initial costs are associated with the need to pay for sophisticated technological installations. For example, you may have to pay for 3CX, a software program that helps to manage your VoIP UK operations smoothly.Rising cost of maintenance is one of the most important signs that should help you to start thinking about changing your phone system. In general, when you realise that the costs of maintaining your legacy phone system are becoming a significant part of your expenses, then you need to change your system. As your legacy phone system equipment starts to age, you realise that you have to replace specific components more often. This means that you have to consider getting a new system that will eliminate the need to cater for expensive maintenance processes.According to estimates by FirstSmallBusiness, it costs much less to install and maintain a business VoIP than a traditional PBX. Therefore, the moment you realise that you are spending a lot of money maintaining your legacy telephone system, you need to consider changing to VoIP System.
- Your employees find the traditional telephone system cumbersome. Compared to VoIP, your traditional phone system is quite cumbersome. According to IT Manager Daily, one of the main benefits of using VoIP is that it helps you to gain a lot from your telephony system. A VoIP system dramatically increases the level of functionality for your business. In the first place, it integrates all your communication activities, and this makes it easy for your employees to communicate seamlessly.Besides, a VoIP helps to free your employees from the need to be at their desks all the time to make or receive calls as it is the case when you are using your PBX. If you use a Hosted PBX, your employees will be able to communicate seamlessly at all times, regardless of their location or the devices that they are using. Therefore, if you realise that your employees are complaining about an ‘obsolete phone system’ then you need to consider changing your telephone system to the highly dynamic Business VoIP System. Interestingly, there are very many B2B companies that help Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) to switch to a VoIP system seamlessly.
- Calls have to be put on the wait mode often. As your business grows, you will realise that the volume of calls that you receive and make is increasing steadily. An increasing number of calls will come from prospects who are interested in your services or existing who need you to sort out their complaints. Also, the volume of outgoing calls in your business will increase steadily as your employees have to make many calls to existing and potential clients.One of the most obvious signs that you need to change your telephone system is when you realise that many callers to your business have to wait before they are let through. Also, when you see that your employees cannot get a free line to make calls to clients and other business partners often, then you need to start thinking about upgrading your telephone system.Using a typical VoIP will help you solve this problem once and for all. Given that you will be using a Hosted PBX; your service provider will easily expand your capacity to ensure that you can handle all your communication needs with ease.
- You no longer use the Fax machine Lastly, if you are paying for the fax machine yet you use it on very rare occasions, then you need to start thinking about changing your telephone system. In the current times, many professionals seek to communicate using more integrated methods. It is because of this trend that companies have developed new systems that integrate faxing in VoIP service offerings for businesses.Now, if you realise that you are not using your fax machine as often as it should be, then you need to consider upgrading to a standard business VoIP that integrates all the traditional communication methods into a fast and reliable internet protocol.
In conclusion, these are the most common signs that you should watch out for. Once you realise that you cannot scale easily, that you employees are struggling to accommodate calls and that you are paying a lot of money to maintain your traditional PBX, you need to start thinking about changing to the more dynamic VoIP system.